Friday, October 2, 2009

Something to Prove

I have a very low tolerance for stupidity carried out as intelligence. Which is probably the source of my irritation at the moment.
Maybe it is because today is friday, and I feel literally like crap. And on top of that, I am tired.
Anyhow, for a span of two weeks, I was part of this blog...righteously titled "We WANT TRUTH". Now I should probably preface this by saying that while I respect young minds and our ability to ask the most annoying questions, the authors seems to have focused on one particular truth "Christian bashing". Off course if you ask them...they are seeking truth. But you have to wonder, what kind of truth comes from belittling other people's belief.
My undoing was yesterday evening. Sometime before I went to bed around 11, I did my routine final check on blogs, and imagine my surprise on the picture. I won't even post it here, because besides it being very rude, it was crude. So I resigned from my post as a contributor of the blog.
I was called a quitter and off course apparently quitting is for losers.

Anyways, I have been thinking about this all day. I love to blog...but even this privilege of free speech comes with a high responsibility. My colleagues in that namely blog seem to think that mind diarrhea is permissible. As people in general, we have to be careful of the message we put out there. It is okay to be a hothead and want all the glory that goes with blogging and being a "know-it-all"
It is very okay to not take things at face value. Because otherwise we become zombies in a world where every little thing needs our attention, or everything wants our attention. It is very admirable to want to know the truth. My problem however is the fact that some of these authors seem to be self-prescribed know it all. I mean, their knowledge while fallible is at best insulting in tone. They seem to think that truth is always and always will be rational. And that everything can and MUST be explained. They claim to be open minded...but it seems they are open minded to things that agree with their skewed perception on reality.

I am not naive to an extent where I think that all that looks like gold is gold. But I also know that sometimes, there are no explanations for things. And that there are happenings that cannot be explained by "reasoning".

Anyways, I realized that I was part of a blog of a couple of teens who are out there to prove something..- as to what, I don't know. Its like these teenage hormones raging, maybe rebellious hormones. But What have they got to prove? that they are ignorant to the world? and that their attempt to find truth is proving to be futile?

Okay aside from all this, I joined the group, and I did so because I thought I would learn something. (You have to make every experience a learning one). And for that short of time, I have learned. I have learned to maybe to be content that sometimes things do not make sense. And when they don't, it is not my place to prove otherwise. I learned from these young minds...I learned that if truly they do pursue the truth, in the most earnest way, maybe just maybe, they will find that truth

2 comments:

  1. So many excuses for quitting.

    Since you know a thing or two about quitting, quit calling me a teenager. I'm older than you are.

    "know it all"? whats that about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might like this
    http://www.esnips.com/doc/5179e14b-0ad1-477b-8e36-00bf15220dfa/Parallel-Worlds

    ReplyDelete