Sunday, October 4, 2009

Salsa Dancing

It has become common knowledge that I love to dance. My recent obsession is Latin dancing. While Merengue and Bachata requires little skill to master, I have been concentrating on salsa most of the time. Yes yes, I can salsa, and I am decent at it.
it has been two years, and now I have come to either become tired of salsa, (might be the guys that I am meeting there) or maybe I am ready to move on to my other Passion...Argentianian Tango. But I am holding this off until I probably have a guy who I will be comfortable prancing and doing all those lifts and drags on the floor. (Okay so those are not the technical terms for them)

Someone should warn people that salsa dancing is dangerous. At the moment, the big toe of my left foot has lost half of its nail. Did i hear painful? yup, prett much.
I want to tell you stories of nights where I have gone from work, and straight to hours of salsa, and then had to wake up the next morning to go to work. Early in the morning. After I graduated, I decided that it had to stop at going out five days a week to maybe three times a week. I do enjoy the rush, the thrill of all of it...but I think I need to maybe not go out so much anymore.
Salsa fashion has been a problem for me. Coming from a family where my mom taught me to never go out unless i look my best, I have had to relearn this lesson, or rather twik it a bit. Salsa does not allow for fashion much....and most of the time I am pushing it.
You see, in the beginning it used to be that i had to go out looking super cute. Since I was not a good dancer, I had to look cute, for the guys to take pity on the cute girl seating down moving her feet to the music but no partner. Now, that I can hold my own on the floor, I am faring much better. Except now, I can't really be all dressed because sweat is the result of holding your own on the floor.
Oh, did I mention that in the last couple of months, three pairs of jeans have ripped mysteriously! I cannot explain it, and I don't know if I want. the humiliation of it is not something I might want to speak of.

I am sure there will be more of this...since it seems I have nothing better to do these days other than salsa dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment