Monday, October 19, 2009

One Day...

When I first saw you, I was afraid of to talk to you
After talking to you, I was fearful of liking you
I liked you so much that I was afraid of losing my heart
But I lost my heart, and the greatest of all, I lost you

Here I am lamenting of what could have been
How is it that even though you are so close to me,
You are still so distant from my arms and my heart
And no matter how much I try, I can’t bring you back

I miss you-such simple words yet they repulse me
It used to be just you and me, what a loss now
I would never ask you because you would never tell me
You never loved me, that I know so well now

They have said if you can’t get someone out of you head
Maybe they are supposed to be there forever
But now, I wish I could stop thinking of you all the time,
And how good you made me feel, when you were with me

I know I was not easy to love, but could you have tried,
I gave you my heart, and hurt myself in the process
I hate the feeling I have, because even though you hurt me
I cannot bring my self to hate you, as am told I should

How can I stop crying every time I think of you
When the thoughts of you are they that bring me tears?
How can I stop wishing for peace of mind?
When the one who can bring me peace is so far away?

I have stopped thinking of you and dreaming of you,
Because those thoughts and dreams have become so empty.
It is not missing you that breaks my fragile heart
But the thought that I once held you in my arms kill me

Now I am saying goodbye, goodbye to your memories
One day you will love me but I wont be there to see it
One day you will cry over me but I wont be there for it
One day you will want me back and I won’t want you

2 comments:

  1. Fact or fiction?

    If fact, there's no need to beat yourself over and over for this. Wounds of the heart take time to heal. When they do, the pain of the past turns to laughter that will last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh enoch...
    fiction.
    Poetry, while it becomes alive is fiction in nature

    ReplyDelete