Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Victory from Ashes

I have been listening, I have been well, paying attention. I have also been crying, and at times really really angry. Since I could not be angry at anyone else, sometimes, the anger would turn to God....Yes, I am not even from Haiti, but I was brokenhearted by the events. I kept wondering what the heck happened.
Anyways, on Monday, I am reading the papers and see these images of Haitians singing, praying, praising God. Take that Pat Robertson. How they could be praising God at a time like that, I can only imagine. I have only been in one instance that could be termed as that, and even then, prayer was the only way through...but I don't remember praising God for my circumstances like the Haitians in Port Au Prince.
There is something to learn from this.
I have friends who have worked hard to dispute the existence of God, or the need for faith. I mean, I think they are childish, and mostly throwing a tantrum. Then I realized that they are spoiled to. They have all the luxuries afforded to them, and they have all the time to debate the existence of God.
They claim they are searching for truth, but I wonder whose truth they are searching for. They distort religion, they distort faith. And their hearts have turned to bitterness, and then they claim to be looking for truth.
However, when all you can do it look up, then there is only one answer....the one who created us. Thats the one you look up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment